Fire destroys house on Christmas eve

CORRESPONDENT CHANDEL, 26th Dec: 
The festive spirit was completely shattered when a house was completely gutted by fire on Christmas eve at Chandel Christian village in Chandel district.

The house belonging to Hl Julyngam Anal was totally destroyed by the fire suspected to have started from electric short circuit at 8.30pm.

Sources said entire villagers were at Christmas hall when the fire started and hence could not douse the fire in time. Even fire brigade could not reach the spot due to late information.

Properties worth more than Rs 12 lakh have been destroyed in the blaze. The inferno reduced to cinders pension book, educational certificates, bank/land documents and gold worth Rs 37,000.

Chandel DC Krishna Kumar visited the site and interacted with the victim Tuesday while a team of Chandel police also conducted a spot inspection.


© 2016 - 2018 The People's Chronicle. All rights reserved.